Hi,

I am running Servers Alive v7.0.2565.  I recently changed (hardened) the
SSL situation on my Windows servers, based on recommendations from
DigiCert (www.digicert.com) (they provide a free testing utility for
their customers, and it reports on all SSL vulnerabilities for desired
URLs+ports).  I used these two steps to bring up the compliance:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980436, setting
AllowInsecureRenegoClients and AllowInsecureRenegoServers to DWORD 0.

https://www.nartac.com/Products/IISCrypto/Default.aspx - download
utility, run it using the [Best Practices] feature. Reboot.

After doing those steps, all my Servers Alive HTTPS tests failed. The
error status info says "SSL Handshake failed."

Some of my test URLs work on both https and http, and if I use http, the
Servers Alive tests work fine. The problem is limited to https requests.

Do I need to upgrade Servers Alive to use newer SSL 3.0/TLS 1.2?  Or is
there a way that I can get Servers Alive to use more secure protocols
and/or ciphers?

Here is a sample test URL:
https://www.href.com/favicon.ico

Thank you very much.

Ann

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members.  Doing so will cause