Hi Dirk,

I can think of two things (at this moment :) )

1.       Windows Automatic Update

I used to check the health state of Windows Automatic Update by checking 3
registry keys (with a PS1-script and an External Errorlevel Check):

HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto
Update\Results\Detect

HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto
Update\Results\Download

HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto
Update\Results\Install

But since Windows 2016 those registry keys do not exist anymore. :(

It would be nice to have a way to check if the Automatic Update did his job.

I don't mean if the host is up-to-date (it will almost never will),  but just
if there weren't errors in the Automatic Update process.

2.       AD replication
Microsoft has a very good tool for that, see
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30005
But it seems like they will stop the distribution of it.

-          the tool is limited in time. Every few months I have to do a new
download

-          about a year ago it wasn't available on the MS download site, only
after a lot of customer complains it came back

-          there is a popup saying that I should use MS Operations  Manager
Suite
A lot of people are complaining, see
https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/304621-active-directory/suggestions/11701692-bring-back-the-on-prem-ad-replication-status-tool?tracking_code=76b764b65f1c69f691a1094a79f00768

Kind regards,