> HDOS is good, but could be better, and because of the lack of
> co-operation from people on this list there seems little hope of
> any advance in the near future.

Development on HDOS ceased due to Nev's hard disc going for a burton, if
what the big guy told me is true[1] and has absolutely nothing to do with
the "non co-operation" of this list.

> There is BDOS, which seems from what I've heard, to be good is some
> respects but fails because it does not allow you to use the hard drive
> as one space.

I'll try and add something useful to this comment:

BDOS is a modified SAMDOS by Edwin Blink and is designed to operate with
single floppy and/or the ATOM hard disc system.  BDOS stores 800k disc
images as records on the disc and then accesses them as a virtual second
disc drive.  It uses standard & extended BASIC syntax e.g. RECORD 1 to
select records, READ WRITE LOAD SAVE etc..

HDOS is a "truer" disc operating system, but has a few nasty bugs and due
to a large chunk of the source being lost[1], further development could
be a little bit tricky.  HDOS uses CALL statements for disc operations
which IIRC are similar to CALL base+16,"program"

You may download BDOS from NVG, or
http://www.podboy.demon.co.uk/coupe/edwin/ [2]

Dan.

Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Shirk: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
VVeb: http://www.podboy.demon.co.uk/

[1] Nev, this is what I understand from our conversation at the last
Gloucester show - please let me know if I have the wrong end of the
stick.

[2] And before anybody asks I have no vested interest in BDOS, I'm just
hosting it for Edwin cos I'm top geezer with lots of webspace :-)