After the Spectrum and SAM versions of OUTLET, Brian and Ron Cavers went on to
produce a PC version, which could be worth a look. I've never seen it, but I
did see some adverts for it months back. If it was in the same league as the
SAM/Spec versions, it should have been good.

Harking back to the earlier Spectrum version of OUTLET, I have a couple of
copies of it on Plus D disk. Both issues helped put the Spectrum Plus D system
through its paces, and featured good programs. Anyone remember the Plus D? It
was the Spectrum disk drive system that put the Spectrum +3 system to shame,
and the makers (Miles Gordon Technology) went on to create their very own
computer on the strength of the Plus D called the SAM, whatever that may be.

I still have Speccy Plus D disk software with titles such as Disk Organiser
and Disk Filer by a certain Steve Nutting, and special versions of Spectrum
DOS written by a bloke called Andy Wright... Happy days!

Thinking about the Spectrum once again, does anyone remember a new BASIC
written for the 48k Speccy called MegaBASIC? It was originated by YOUR
SINCLAIR magazine, and was quite nice to tinker with, as it used 'real'
commands and procedures, not that I fully understand these subjects, of
course.

- Phil Glover.