>Date:  Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:07:19 +0000 (GMT)
>From:  Tim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: SamDOS copyright.
>
>Who owns the SamDOS copyright, and is there permission to freely
>distribute it?
>
>Given that in the "good old days" anyone you gave a disk to would have
>samdos, then it never realluy bothered me.  But given SimCoupe, and
that
>the people who use disk images may never have bought a sam drive, and
>therefore don't actually have a master copy of samdos, is this now a
>problem.
>
>Should all the images be removed off nvg? Or at least altered to use
QDos?

>Could andy wright be persuded to allow free distribution of masterdos?
>
>Just a few thoughts.....
>
>       Tim (who is putting QDOS on his forthcoming disk image)

Ummm.. Tim... QDOS is actually SAMDOS 2.2 with a front-end added onto it
which cleans up your system and tells you what hardware you have. That's
all - so it's the same copyright issue.

However, disks have been sold with SAMDOS on them since time began, so I
personally wouldn't worry about it one iota.