> >  That sort of thing sometimes happens to mine. I usually reset and that
> fixes
> >  it.Does your motor spin when the light is on?
> >

> No, just the light is on. I think I read in Format once that this it the
> normal state on all except the original Citizen slot-in drives. One of mine is
> NEC and the other is a new pc-type drive.

ok, does the disk drive work? just like the message above, my light
sometimes comes on like that, but it doesn't actually work (the drive
doesn't read the disk, it just spins). i reset a couple of times, and it
fixes it for me also, by which time the disc drive also works properly.

and i'm fairly sure mine isn't a citizen drive.

dave