On      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 16:00:28 +0100, Frode Tenneboe said:
> 6MHz in theory. I can't remember the exact details, but I think
> it was possible to achieve speeds close to that by using
> uncontended banks and turning off the screen duing border
> updates.

There are no uncontended banks on Sam unless you have an external
memory add-on.  And turning the screen off has no effect unless the
TV scan is actually in the screen area (except in mode 1).

> But the point is that the screen is 3.5x larger, the processor
> speed is not. I'd like to have a blitter or dma or somthing.

If it can't be done in mode 3 or 4 then it will have to be done in
mode 2.  But I think that for line drawing the disadvantage will not
be anywhere near 3.5x even in mode 3.  If you want it filled then
that's a different matter...

Of course the dashboard can be in mode 4 whatever mode the windscreen
is in. :-)

imc