Hi,

        I've never been too sure about the memory layout of Mode-X and so on,
so I am asking one simple question, would it be faster to :

                a) blit 144 32x27 tiles to a Mode-X screen arranged so as to
form a
rectangle of 384x324, or

                b) blit the same tiles to a memory bitmap, then to the mode-x
screen
as a single rectangle of 384x324?

        And if the answer is a), which would be the fastest blitting order (you
know, as in left to right, top to bottom or every odd, then every even
or whatever) to minimise bank switching / whatever else takes up time in
drawing to mode-x screens?

                -Thomas