On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Andrew Gale wrote:

> > I haven't checked the FAQ but on the +3 it's 4 and 4 and I'd be
> > surprised if the other 128K models were different.  I don't know
> > how the hardware is arranged but this would seem to indicate
> > that it's in two blocks of 64K.
> >

> If there are four chips, then 2 banks of 64K seems likely. But in that
> case, I'd expect four 16K banks to be contended, not two.... hmmm...
> the plot thickens!

There are 8 banks, 4 slow & 4 fast.
It doesn't depend on the memory (the chips are the same), but on the ULA
(or how is it called...). So the chips are the same, but the speed is
different.

You can look into "Z80" spectrum emulator documentation, there is possibly
more information.

 Aley [eili] Keprt - student, programmer (multimedia soft. etc.)
                    phone: +420-68-538 70 35
     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ***  http://get.to/aley