> Look at details:
> ---------
> Defenders - graphics reasonable,
>
> ..actually, i thought the graphics in defenders were some of the best ever
> seen on the sam,
> and don't forget when we did defenders there was not one single game out !

Yes, Defenders is very old. Maybe the first one.
The graphics doesn't look absolutely bad, but it is not brilliant. I think.

> music only 3 channel mono (why?),
>
> ..you've had the sam now for 8 years, we'd had it for a week when we
started
> defenders, i think the music
> driver was knocked up over a weekend with almost no documentation by a guy
> called sean conran!
>  ..it's a miracle it had any sound at all ! ;o) (i wonder what he's upto
> these dayz....)

Alright. I don't want to beat you. (Are you the author?)
I just think Defenders is about nothing.
Maybe it is old, and it was hadr work to do, but this cannot
change the situation.
Do you think Manic Miner has brilliant graphics? I think no.
And if you say "it is very old" you are right, but compared with
Dan Dare III or Savage it simply looks badly.

> playability none
>
> can't argue with that ! ;o) ..really there was no time, it was just a
matter
> of get it out the door as
> quick as possible, we had lousy bosses and that's how we had to work. The
> thing with coding
> is that the playability part is the last bit that gets tweaked after all
the
> technical stuff is done,
> some bosses just look at the screen, go 'that's pretty' and think it's
done
> (coz they never play
> stuff themselves) fortunately things are better now (get the time i need)
> ..i could still do with
> longer, but it's not as bad as it used to be !

I must say again: No playability.
As I can see in british magazines (incl. Fred, Your Sinclair etc.)
british people don't look to the playability much.
e.g. Terminator II is one of the worst games ever made,
and it got a very high percentage score.
etc...
This is not only my idea, you can find articles about
this "feature" of british game-magazines in several
"official" game-magazines, at least those ones
not sponsored by game sellers.

Aley [eili] Keprt - student, programmer (multimedia soft. etc.)
                    phone: +420-68-538 70 35
     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ***  http://get.to/aley