-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Gale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Date: 22 August 1999 23:51
Subject: Re: Sam Printer

>> Has anybody hard wired their printer interface or is there a cable
available
>> to allow the interface to stand some way off ( couple of inches or so )
>> Will it work ok with a cable. ( I can make my own )
>>

>A *short* extender cable shouldn't be too problematic, but the
euroconnectors
>aren't exactly easy to connect to. I'd be tempted to move the whole thing
>inside the SAM case - there aren't actually that many wires to add. The
>printer interface only uses d0, d1, d2, d3, d4, d5, d6, d7, /RD, /WR,
>+5v, 0v (these can all be taken off of a spare disc drive slot) and
>PRINTL which you will have to pick off the main pcb somewhere. Most
>MGT devices drive a line called "BUSEN" or something when they are
>accessed, but you don't need to worry about wiring this through (it
>was for a buffered SAMBus which never materialised...)
>
>Andy

Thanks Andrew.

On thinking about it, the signals travel through the Sambus so should be ok
through a short extender cable. The euroconnectors can be soldered to a
piece of veroboard and the cable taken off on either side of the board. ie
piece of board 5 holes deep, remove the middle track and place the connector
across it.

Bob Wilkinson.