Martin Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Thomas Harte wrote:
> >
> > > Hehe,... SCADS eh?  Ahh, them were the days :)...  I was always a bit
> >
> >         Hey, if you have SCADS, any chance of uploading a DSK file to nvg
> > to replace
> > the td0? I'm one of the many people who can't use teledisk any more, but I'd
> > really like to see SCADS.
>
> Yeh, I can do that... But as you mention in the other mail, if it needs
> the key disk thingy it might not work.  Depends on how it does it I
> guess.... Anyone have any idea about this?  Will it work thru a DSK
> image?  Hmm... Who knows.  I guess I can just try it out with the disk
> and see what I see.  In fact I'll do it now.

Well, I've tried, and failed :(.  I ran it through my own little dsk
program which handles dodgy sectors (I'll get around to uploading it one
day), but despite the fact that the sectors that are dodgy are all at
the end (only 16 in total!) the disk is naffed.

It will get a directory ok and some things load, but apart from that its
dodgy - end of file problems & somtimes just hanging the compiler.

If I get my Sam out off its shelf in the near future I'll try and make a
copy of the disk on that & then run it through the DSK thing (the same
always seems a bit more resilient to [ignorant of?] dodgy disks that
PC's for some reason).

The problem with the backup is that the protection will most definately
be uncatered for.  Hmm.

I tried some of my old games too (the ones I wrote with SCADS), but
alas, all the disks seem to have been got by the MagnetoMonster... ohh
well :os

Martin Fitz.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]