From: Martin Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 1999 2:58 AM
Subject: Re: power supplies

> > Well if you are not using a TV but a monitor, than you could go for a
PC-PSU
> > (wich is is also handy for powering your HD's and CD-rom if your Sam is
> > equipped with a Atom).
>
> Jesus I'm behind the times. When did the Sam get CDROM compatibility?

Well if you have a Atom IDE-interface then you can hook up a CD-rom. Martijn
wrote a atapi-driver into his Spectrum emulator (wich is great if you have a
cd full of Speccie software), and based on that he is working on B-dos 1.6
now, the first version to support CD-rom (playing audio tracks, and copy
files from CD-rom).

Mind you B-dos 1.6 is not compatible with the Atom-version of Sam Paint
(yet). It (Sampaint) crashes when you try to save something.

I know this screams for disk-files

Robert van der Veeke aka RJV Graphics
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Currently listening to : Sai-so - Kodo

"From the grassy knoll, armed with a high-powered longbow..." - Septyn