> On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 12:25:22PM -0000, Nick Humphries wrote:
> > I'm trying to write a Java applet for a web page and use Microsoft's WFC
> > Graphics class
>
> Which presumably means that it won't work for anyone who doesn't bow to
the
> almighty Gates...

Well, actually, it won't work for anyone - you can't use WFC's Graphics
classes against AWT.

WFC is for programming Windows programs using Java. It's not designed for
cross-platform work - its sole purpose is to allow you to program kick-ass
Windows apps using the Java language (main benefit: a factor of 20 increase
in productivity over using C++ to do the same thing, and it's a much nicer
language to program in than Visual Basic). You can't use WFC in any kind of
cross-platform manner - even by accident - because WFC depends on
information that the JVM can't provide to applets.

Simon