Thanks for reminding me about all this stuff Dave - it's been sitting
in my inbox for the last month waiting to be compiled.

So here it is. More glamourous than the Brits, more pretentious than
the Labour party, more predicatable than this year's
Premiership...here are the results for the SAM Coupe Millenium Poll.

The first category - Best Game. Up to 18 months after the SAM
was released, there was one undisputed contender for the
crown. Defenders of the Earth. Since then, however, things have
improved ever so slightly. So ...rustles with envelope... the winner
is...

Prince of Persia

Lemmings and Stratosphere were slugging it out for second place,
with Lemmings just shading it.

The second category, best Appplication / Utility.

There were loads of suggestions for this, but right from the outset
there was only really ever one winner.

SAM Paint.

The memory of Flash has finally been erased.

The battle for the best piece of hardware was hotly contested
with loads of suggestions ranging from teh original machine (which
I don't think really counts does it?!) through to the DiskProtector
(surely something that should have been implemented from the
outset anyway...!)

The winner, just outpipping the Quazar Surround Sound, is...

the Atom.

The world of Paper Mags was the strangest category. The
winning magazine only ever had two issues published, and the
runner up was a Spectrum magazine. A bit of a kick in the teeth for
'industry standard' FORMAT, which only got mentioned in passing.

The winner...BOAI (runner up, Your SInclair).

Best Disk Mag...Dead Predicatable...FRED (was it ever going to be
anything else)

The Best Demo Ever Ever Ever produced 12...count 'em...12
nominations. A sign of a great demo scene, or just a confused set
of voters...

You decided...MnemoDemo II.

And Statues of Ice polled two votes. Explain that.

We've had a tie withthe favourite SAM personality.

Alan & Bruce, who were always bundled together, polled as many
votes as Simon Cooke. Colin McDonald came runner up.

But there was not doubt over the favourite SAM
company...plaudits et all once again to FRED Publishing. Quazar
was the onloy company that polled, that still survives today.

And so there you have it. Most of the choices were posed to the
list, so you;ve all read each others individual SAM moments.
Thanks to everyone who took part, and we'll see you again next
Millnium for the WinCoupe 3000 Awards.
Peace, Love and Kisses...
JohnnaPig Teare
http://www.theunstoppablesexmachine.freeserve.co.uk
"The north and south are divided no more, so you and I can be equally poor"