Frans van Egmond wrote:
> I noticed two chips (both with a number 256 on them) assuming these are the
> RAM chips, I couldn't find other chips resembling RAM chips in my SAM, this
> would make 512K, right?
> However when switched on the SAM reports 256k...
> Is it faulty?

Well, I am too lazy to open my SAM and look, but...

(On the 256K Sams at least) there is a small square-ish hole in the
middle of the metal base-plate (the underside of the case). This hole
has a metal cover screwed over it, with the computer's serial number
printed on. This was designed to allow access to the 2nd 256K memory
chip, so that upgrading to 512K doesn't require removing the whole case.
(At least, that is my understanding, I haven't actually done this.)

So if your SAM has a hole in the base-plate, and if there is a chip
behind that hole, then I guess it is faulty.

--
James Gasson