Jorge Canelhas writes:
>Hi, i tried to make a disk with fdformat and samdisk, it formats ok, and
>copies the image to the drive, but it returns an error No DOS when i try to
>boot !!!
>
>Does it need to be a 'bootable disk' like in Amiga or Dos ?
>
>How do i make it boteable ?

A bootable disk needs to have a particular file in the correct place.
Depending on what image file you tried to use, that was probably there.

This probably means the Sam was unable to read the disk formatted on your
PC. This could be due to any number of reasons, but I've found track
skewing to be a problem in the past. I've been able to make disks my Sam
could read, or disks that SimCoupe could read, but rarely that both could
read.

I think the easiest solution at this stage is to send a bootable disk by
proper mail.

>Can any one send me 1 or 2 sam disks  ? to Portugal ?

Yes, but only if you tell someone your address :)

Sending to Portugal isn't a problem - we can send things from the uk to
anywhere in the EU for a first class stamp, am I right?

Andrew
--
 ---   Andrew Collier ([EMAIL PROTECTED])   -----     Can't think of a quote
  ----     http://mnemotech.ucam.org/      ----    So I write haiku instead