This is where in a comical aside, answer my own question...

From: Simon Cooke
Just wondering... what's everyone up to these days? I've been out of touch
for a while. :)

So...

Where d'ya live?
Seattle, Washington State, USA (you know, that bit at the very top left of
the US)

Where d'ya work (and what are you working on)?
Sierra OnLine, Inc. I used to be Lead Engineer on Generations (family tree
software), and now I'm waiting for a while ('cos we're reshuffling), but at
the moment I'm a Scruffy Underling Engineer on Print Artist. Soon I'll be
back to Lead Engineer Status on Hallmark Card Studio... but that won't be
for a month or two.

I'm also one of three people who make up Generic Films, and I'm working on a
screenplay, learning the ropes (by being a 'grip'), and doing all kinds of
fun stuff. Its been a while though.

What's the coolest gizmo you've bought recently?
Creative Jukebox (DAP, I think it's called in the UK; here it's the Nomad).
I got a PocketPC a while back, and a home theatre sound system for my DVD
player, but I think the Nomad is the best gizmo I've had so far :) ...
either that or the POD I have hooked up to my electric guitar...