From: "Simon Owen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Extended Usenet archive
> Is anyone else trawling through old posts now that Google have restored
> the Usenet archive back to 1981?  5 bonus points to the person finding
> the oldest SAM-related post...
>
> Oh, and be prepared to cringe if you were posting back in the early
> nineties! }:->
>
> Si

Wow, it turns out I tried to sell my Sam back in 1994 with a post to
comp.sys.sinclair, in which I offered it and my Speccy48k+.  I sold the
Speccy to someone from Canada for 50 pounds, he paid 100 pounds though
because it cost 50 postage!  Luckily nobody wanted the Sam so I've still got
it :-)  I only wish my dad hadn't gotten rid of my entire set of Acorn Atom
kit in a loft clearout many years ago.  I had 4 of them, all upgraded to the
nines and a couple of disc drive units and software.  Lovely machines and
sadly they're all gone...

Cheers,
                Steve