I'm okay , do what you need to do, however please be aware that other
companys have some copyrights in some of my stuff

All I say is it has to include my name etc

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Gavin Smith
Sent: 15 August 2002 15:42
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
Subject: Copyright etc

I *really* hate to bring this up again, but I need to ask your
opinions...I'll paste the below and I'd be very interested in your
opinions either on or off list, especially if you've ever developed or
published SAM software in the past. It's in relation to the File Library

I'm putting together for the SC site.

There's two camps in the copyright arguement - those who don't give a
monkeys about copyright on SAM software, see it as a dead machine and
think all its software should be free. Then there's the people who stick

to the copyrights religiously (at least in public!) and see no way round

it. I'm going to try and adopt a sensible compromise with copyrighted
software. I will make every reasonable effort to get in touch with the
author and/or publisher to seek permission to make the software
available for download. If I fail to make contact, I will post on the
mailing list, Usenet and this website, asking people to help me out. If
after a further month, I still have not made contact with those
involved, I will assume it's okay to make the software available.
People's opinions will be taken into account, so that if it's reckoned
that the author would not the software distributed, that's the way it
will stay as far as this site is concerned. It's basically an attempt to

keep SAM software available where possible, without annoying people.

Thanks for any opinions...