----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart Brady" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: So long 2002, here comes 2003....

[snips]

> I think I might have a stab at writing some games for the SAM. I'm not
> actually sure how slow scrolling at least 2/3 of the screen in Mode 4
> is, since I've never actually seen it. But Mode 2 isn't that bad.

I think scrolling has been done in a mode 4 game on the SAM.  Defender has a
scrolling landscape and
looks to be mode 4.  I think it sometimes shifts the land at pixel-by-pixel
resolution when you move slowly.

It looks like it's sometimes 2/3rds of the screen at times, so I imagine Mode 4
scrolling can't be that slow???

Then again, I'm not a programmer, so what do I know!!  :-)

John.