15 January 2004 05:09, david wrote:
> The Amiga? Wasn't that some second rate American machine with crap
> midi software?

Uhh, no. It was the first-rate games machine which also had a decent
multitasking OS and some rather nice music apps (Bars & Pipes springs to
mind).

Compared to the Amiga the Sam was an abject and total failure as a
Spectrum emulator (the Amiga does this very well in software, although
admittedly slower on the A500 without a processor upgrade) a games
machine (no comment needed, I think) and as a business tool. The Amiga
was more expandable, more programmable and vastly superior in hardware.

Believe me, I loved playing with the Sam and it was an important step
for me as a programmer but really the Amiga was in a different league.
Actually no, it was playing a whole different game.

Geoff

http://www.messagelabs.com