Edwin Blink wrote:
> Select Drive 2 as atom

To help new users, it changes the type of drive 2 automatically when the
Atom image path changes.  If a path is set it'll be configured as Atom, and
if the path is cleared it'll revert to a floppy drive.

> Create xxx Mb harddisk (100Mb will do fine)

I need to add a modeless status dialog for disk creation, so you can tell
what it's doing as the file is being created.  It's not too bad for the
small 32MB disks I've been creating, but would help for the slower creation
of larger ones.

On NT4/W2K/XP, the drop-down list under the hard disk paths allows selection
a real IDE device.  For safety reasons it only shows disks already formatted
for BDOS/HDOS use, so it'll be blank for most people.  I use a Compact Flash
card, pre-formatted for BDOS format on my SAM.  It should also work for
existing IDE hard disks too, though I still need to make sure Windows XP
doesn't write a signature to what would be seen as an unrecognised disk.

> look how fast it formats (wish my HD was as fast as that!!)

That'll be the new turbo-load option in action, which accelerates emulation
speed (unsynced, showing 5fps) during floppy and hard disk access.  You can
turn it off on the Drives page in the options, or adjust the sensitivity.
On low sensitivity it takes longer to return to normal speed after an
access- handy speed loading Lyra 3, but will overrun into the menu sequences
of other titles.

> Now select harddisk boot (HDB ROM) as custom rom at
> SimCoupe's system options tab.

I'll be adding a new check-box to the system page, allowing the built-in v3
ROM to be patched with the HDB changes.  I had it in a version last year,
but the changes were taken out while I shuffled things about, and haven't
gone in yet.

Thanks for posting the Atom instructions btw!