I think I had one of the first - and I did have the same problem...

although I actually like that whine as I at least knew the drive was working then -as it was soo quiet! :)

(No noise with Compact Flash!) :)

Howard Price <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've got almost exactly the same setup as Andy here. I have occasional
problems with the connections so my SAM comes apart quite a lot at the
moment, and something must be badly earthed, because 'hard disk whine'
comes through the monitor quite badly. Maybe it's cos (I think) I've got
the first Atom interface made..... can anyone else make this claim?

-Howard aka Tobermory, still quietly listening though not posting much.