Aley Keprt wrote:
> You can use any "printer". Just install it with file as
> output port (instead of LPT), and you get the text file from
> Sim Coupe. At least my Windows does it this way.

The printer is opened in raw mode, which bypasses the printer driver and
_should_ mean any printer can be used.  I wasn't completely sure that it
also skipped the language monitor stage (used by some printers only) before
the port monitor, so I tend to recommended using the simple "Generic / Text
Only" printer.  For users without an existing printer to clone it's only a
tiny extra install too.

I added the native printer support so you could use a real (Citizen etc.)
printer with SimCoupe exactly as you would do with a real SAM.  The
print-to-file ability was a handy bonus on top of that, but the whole
printer setup is overkill if you only want the print-to-file support!  I'm
changing it so the base SimCoupe support allows printing to a file directly,
with platform-specific support for real devices where possible.  The current
beta version is mid-change so the native printer support is currently
missing some features.

> Then it asks me each time where to save this file (surely not windows
> system32 directory).

I've got a feeling the default location is Windows\System32, as that's the
current directory for the print spooler process.  There's nothing stopping
you entering a full path instead of just a filename though.