Issue 18 of Sam Revival is now out, and it's a jam packed issue!

Let's kick off with what's on the disk. First up are the three brand new
emulators from Simon Owen which are truly stunning! He's been busy and has
completed his Galaksija and Orao emulators which were announced in the
previous issue. The Galaksija is a Z80 based computer from Yugoslavia, while
the Orao is a 6502 based Croation system so that's using Simon's latest 6502
CPU emulator core. Both are now fully emulated on the Sam and there's a pile
of games on the disk for each system. To finish off his hat trick Simon has
also released an Apple 1 emulator too!

It doesn't stop there! Also on the coverdisk is the latest version of Chris
Pile's Sam Defender, and also Captain Comic - a classic platformer by Lars
Perrson which was first released back in 1994 and was a remake of a freeware
PC game. Wrapping up the coverdisk there's also a demo I've coded up to copy
an old school effect from the Amiga and includes the source code.

Onto the paper side. 40 pages jam packed with news and articles. The
Developer Diary is bursting at the seams with information from Simon about
all three of his new emulators, and there's also the first screenshots of
ISAAC - the port of Rebelstar that's being developed by Stuart Brady and
Warren Lee.

This issue also sees the start of a new programming column. I've looking at
recreating some demo effects from the Amiga on the Sam, and tackle a two
layer tile based scroller.The issue wraps up with the compulsory sprinkling
of Sam Snippets with bits of trivia from the Sam world. Hope you enjoy the
issue!

This issue of Sam Revival costs £3.99 for the UK, or £4.79 for EU including
Airmail postage. You can also subscribe for three issues at a discounted
price of £10.99 (UK) or £13.49 (EU) and save yourself some pennies!

It's easy to order - for PayPal payments (or Credit/Debit card through the
PayPal checkout if you dont have a PayPal account) just click on the Buy Now
buttons on the website. Or for cheque and postal orders email me directly
and i'll be happy to pass on my postal details.

Subscribers copies went out in the post earlier this morning, so should be
with you in a day or two.

All the best,

Colin
=====
Quazar : Hardware, Software, Spares and Repairs for the Sam Coupe
1995-2007 - Celebrating 12 Years of developing for the Sam Coupe
Website: http://www.samcoupe.com/