I've recently acquired a Sam from eBay (correction to my earlier comments: not from Colin — that was a misunderstanding on my part of the actual seller's advert) and it was advertised as coming with a Kaleidoscope. My problem is that having identified which box must be the Kaleidoscope by deduction, the bundled software does absolutely nothing. So, questions:

1) should the Kaleidoscope be a box that contains four ICs (t74ls20b1, gd74ls374, gd74ls14, t74ls133b1), some resistors and capacitors and about half a board of empty space with gaps for other chips and stuff?

2) should the Kaleidoscope function correctly across a composite video output drawn from the Sam's scart port?

I'm actually really rubbish with circuity stuff, please forgive me if I've messed up my terminology or anything like that. What I think I know is from reading datasheets for programming information then skipping all the pin and signal stuff.