Dan Doore wrote:
> I think there should be more stuff on it - have a look at the scans in
> here:  http://www.samcoupe-pro-dos.co.uk/download/HardwareDevKit.zip

The full hardware dev kit has more parts in to give the user a couple of
parallel ports that can be controlled. The standalone Kaleidoscope doesn't
have those parts fitted. Photo of my standalone one is on the cover of SR15:
http://www.samcoupe.com/revival/15.gif

> I think it needs the RGB, see http://www.worldofsam.org/node/302

It does alter the RGB video signals directly, but they are fed to the
composite video encoder chip, so both the Comp.Vid and UHF outputs will
still show the very minor colour changes. I used the composite video output
from the SAM to a PC capture card to grab screenies of it in action.

Colin
======
Quazar : Hardware, Software, Spares and Repairs for the Sam Coupe
1995-2008 - Celebrating 14 Years of developing for the Sam Coupe
Website: http://www.samcoupe.com/