Actually, that won't be the case... it will only be using half the linear
addressing space of the flash card... so B-DOS would be trying to write to
both the first 512bytes and last 512bytes of the larger sector depending
which sector it 'thinks' it is writing to with it just allowing for 512 byte
sectors.

It may be okay if the SD cards don't mind being told to write to the later
half of each sector, but it would definitly be safer to use a proper 1GB
card. Play.com still have 1GB Sandisk SD cards for £4.99.

Certainly once I have written in 2GB support the card layout for it would be
different depending on how it then has to calculate the fake geometry when
it see's the real size, so whatever data would be on the card just now would
not be seen correctly.

Colin
=====
Quazar : Hardware, Software, Spares and Repairs for the SAM Coupe
1995-2009 - Celebrating 15 Years of developing for the SAM Coupe
Website: http://www.samcoupe.com/