Adrian Brown wrote:
> If its emulating the SID then id be worried about copyright.  The SID
> interface is a current piece of hardware and as far as im aware there
> has been no rights granted to emulator its ability.

Technically, it's just a SID chip connected to the expansion port, so
what is there to copyright?  If Jarek or Edwin made their own SID board,
would emulating theirs be fine?  Or would you consider that stealing the
design from Colin?

I have an agreement with Colin about not emulating Quazar devices.  It's
not that I feel there's a legal issue in doing so, but out of respect
for his wishes.

Colin is aware my version of SimCoupe has supported the SID interface
for sometime, as it helped me develop and debug my SID Player.  Whether
that makes it into a released version is still undecided, for the
reasons above.