Right, so... framebuffer, 1bit per pixel over/under map, 1bit per tile
8x8 collision map? For a total of 30816 bytes?

I'll assume that we're using 64kb for the two screen buffers, 64kb for
main game code and music/sound, meaning that the map would ideally
break into 96kb segments (for multiloading, with DOS still resident on
a 256kb machine) and be less than or equal to 384kb total (for a
single load on a 512kb machine, meaning we don't need DOS in memory)?