It would be great to see the game you wrote with SCADS always interested in
seeing what SAM stuff is out there

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sam-us...@nvg.ntnu.no [mailto:owner-sam-us...@nvg.ntnu.no] On
Behalf Of Dicky Moore
Sent: 27 July 2011 11:52
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
Subject: RE: Accessing Sam formatted disks through a USB floppy drive

Geoff, Howard, Leszek, Simon, Nev, & Thomas, thanks so much for your help. You
are all so kind to reply so quickly and I'm totally humbled by your expertise.

I tracked down a friend who still has a desktop PC with a built in IDE floppy
drive, and gave it a go with that. Samdisk worked a treat, and I was so
surprised to see that all the floppy disks still worked - after up to 20 years
in storage. I've still got another big box to go through though. Fingers
crossed the SCADS game I made back in the early 90s, "Bogie goes crazy ape
bonkers with his four legs and magic eyeballs" has survived the wait! ;)

I'm having a clearout (new baby) and am sadly going to part with my Sam and all
the disks. I just don't use it anymore and I'm not even sure where the power
supply is. I've got a whole load of original Fred disks (around issues 20-60)
and the original manual for SCADS if anyone wants them.

Thanks again for your help.

--
Dicky Moore | Bearcraft
07702 100 180