http://nevilley.no-ip.org/nfy53/sam/f_issue.php?issue=080509

--
nev

On 19/01/12 18:01, Thomas Seifert wrote:
the original MGT SAM Coupe diskdrives are from Citizen, they are indeed
a bit different than PC drives. One possible way is to get a replacement
drivebelt, or buy a replacement diskdrive, both can be ordered from
Quazar: http://www.samcoupe.com/

The original drives will probably be only be able to get in used, if at all.

Thomas

*Von:* Aleš Keprt <a...@keprt.cz>
*An:* sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
*Gesendet:* 18:37 Donnerstag, 19.Januar 2012
*Betreff:* Floppy drive problem

So after a renewed the power supply, I found a problem with floppy
drive. There is a rubber which connects the engine to the centre of the
disk to let it spin. Simply said: The rubber is aged, it needs to be
either replaced, or the whole drive needs to be replaced. But as I can
see the connector of the floppy drive is not the same as the connector
on the PC drive. I understand that Sam Coupe’s drive has its own
controller, but even the rest isn’t the same. I wonder where had MGT got
the original Citizen drives from? They definitely aren’t PC drives.
Any suggestions? (Please don’t tell me about compact flash now. ;-))
/---
Aley