Hi Sam Users!

You probably know Roger Jowett’s “skull” video from youtube. Now you can play
that video directly in virtual Sam Coupe. I created a player in Sam Basic
(thanks a lot to Andrew Collier!). The trick is that ASCD has tape emulation in
Sam Coupe mode and it loads the tape in almost zero-time, so it can be used to
play videos. ;-) It would be possible on a real Sam if we managed to load files
in extreme high speed. ;-)

The mode 4 video player is here: http://www.keprt.cz/progs/ascd/videotape.tap
The skull video is here: http://www.keprt.cz/progs/ascd/skull.tap

The tape video file is only 3 MB (it’s .GZ compressed, and you can directly
load it to ASCD in this compressed form).

(File format is a regular TAP, as used in ZX Spectrum emulators. :-))

Mgr. Aleš Keprt, Ph.D.
private: a...@keprt.cz, www.keprt.cz
office: Moravian College / Moravská vysoká škola Olomouc, ales.ke...@mvso.cz