Hi all,

I've been experimenting with HAM-style tricks on SAM, to try to improve
the quality of converted images.  I've aimed to modify as many colours
as possible between lines, rather than using the traditional compromise
static palette.  Are there any viewers using that technique already?

I've written a Python script to convert regular images to a new .sham
format, and a SAM viewer program to display them.

Demo: http://simonowen.com/sam/shamview/shamview.dsk
Source code: https://github.com/simonowen/shamview

You might recognise some of them as SAM or image processing favourites!

It still needs work on the dynamic palette selection, which just uses
the most-frequent colours, rather than doing proper quantisation.  I
left the crayons image as an example of this breaking down.