That's exactly the build system I use, except that I'd managed to
misplace my copy of dos. A quick call to open at the end and I'm
straight into Sim Coupe, or at least I used to be. The SDL you've
linked with appears to be broken under 10.7 in some ways, especially
relating to the way the new OS supplies help in restoring sessions,
but I'll send a bug report properly and privately when I've had a
chance properly to gather evidence.

Re: Samdos, is it definitely legal for redistribution? I thought we
had explicit clearance but I notice that it's 'not yet approved' on
World of Sam.