Hi Marcos,

If it's of any use, I did a quick hack version of my shamview converter to keep
the full image at 16 colours.  It scales the source image to 256x192 and
converts to SAM palette, then picks the top 16 colours to use for a final
conversion.  Script is here: http://obo.homeip.net/img2sam.py

It doesn't give a properly optimised palette, and dithers for any missing
colours, but those could probably be improved upon (tolerance for nearest
colour matching perhaps).  It also generates PNG output, but converting to SAM
mode 4 and wrapping in a disk image probably wouldn't take much work.

Si