Noel Kelly wrote:

> Downloaded 2.2.4 yesterday and it without your patch it works for me:
>
> [noel@belly noel]$ wbinfo -a uk+nkelly%password

We are not talking about -a authenticiaon, but the method of sepecifying
a username and password that winbindd should use itself to talk to the
domain controller.  It is an ugly hack to get around the fact that we
would normally need anonymous access to the DC to function.  This of it
as the machine account, except that MS don't allow us to use the machine
account - so we need to create a second one as well.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]