Dear Gentlemen,

 I didnot know how and to whom send my problem so I am writing to you in  hope of getting some solution from your side. Well my problem is that We are having a HP-UX 11i Server on that we have CIFS/9000 Server installed.

Now first of let me explain you what we want and then I will tell you what we did.

We have a Windows 2000 Server and an HP-UX 11i Server. Rest of the  machines are Windows clients without any domain server. We have this Windows 2000 Server that will be serving as domain for only 5 windows clients. Now we have shared a directory on the CIFS/9000 (HP-UX) so that  it is accessible to all the windows client machines in the organisation.

As I have already told you that no users are logging to any domain server, expect the 5 machines that are connected to NT Domain. Now what I want that the users that are connected to NT machine should have the read/write privilege on that share folder of HP-UX along with the NT Server itself and rest of the users should have read only privileges. Do

remember that none of the users are authenticated anywhere except for the 5 machines users that are connect to NT will be authenticated with the Windows 2000 Server. Can any one of you please help us as this is becoming very critical for me.

 Now what I have got from the documentation and as much as I have understood about the Samba I have tried various options and did all the necessary steps as possible. Kinldy do help me in this please.

We have also done the password synchronisation and also updated the registry in Windows Clients as mentioned in the Documentations. Still the problem persistes because of this our all user either have full write-read permissions or all are having read only. But we want different set of permissions to different group of users.

Please get back to me as it is very urgent.

Thanks and Regards

Also make a cc on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Anil Dubey
DESS TECHNOLOGIES
MUMBAI, INDIA
TEL:+91-22-829 0108 / 829 1755 / 829 0184