On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> > > * Full Windows NT 4.0 PDC support
> > >   - Trust relationships
> > >   - SAM replication

[And someone said]

Gerald Carter wrote:
> This is where you and i disagree on what's important.  I'm not
> saying you have to do it, but I do have a problem of keep us
> as developers promising something and never delivering.
> **If** we can deliver this, then we have a smooth road for migrating
> from NT 4.0 PDC's to Samba DC's.  This may also buy us time
> in the requests for a Samba Win2K compatible DC.

        Am I misunderstanding, or was Andrew suggesting
        that PDC improvement should be put on hold while
        the team works on AD functionality?

        I'm of the opinion that a good, workmanlike
        kerberos implementation able to work with AD
        is the most desirable single item for 3.0, and
        that there is a community of folks, like myself,
        that would like to jump from a security=user,
        unix-centric configuration straight to a security=kerberos
        unix-centric configuration (;-))

--dave
Performance & Engineering      | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering, |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]