A 'make clean' can do wonders...
this was th efirst thing I do :-)

In any case, what do you mean by 'HEAD works'?  Is your patch against
3.0 + your passdb patch or .. ?
I mean clean HEAD without my patch :-)

On the patch - the 'wrapper' functions need to include a while loop.

do {
        try again()
} while (error == LDAP_SERVER_DOWN)
shouldn't this be in the ldapsam_open() ?

With appropirate sleep/backoff - see the nss_ldap code for a good
example.

While doing a 'ping' to the server before we start catches most of the
dropout cases, it does add latency (may or may not be an issue), and we
really need to deal with it in the actual operation I think.
??? did you see that I not ping the server every time only all 10 sec
But I'm not shure what you want to say me here :-(

metze
Stefan "metze" Metzmacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>