Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
On Saturday 19 October 2002 08:07, Ignacio Coupeau wrote:

Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

Hi all!
I've tried to investigate what docs still need work before 3.0:
docs/docbook/projdoc/Samba-PDC-HOWTO.sgml - Needs update to 3.0

I have one a bit more updated at
	http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/smb-ldap-3-howto.html
and may be used (as you wish), but perhaps Andrew or Jerry may prefer
change the docos them, but if not, tell me. BTW, as the 3.0 ldap is
being changed a lot (non_unix_accounts), and I don't know if is a good
idea make now the document updates... or perhaps in a couple of weeks.

I was wondering whether it might be useful to document the passdb system in
general (smbpasswd, ldap, tdbsam) instead of documenting them all in a different docs...
Jelmer

I won't argue against more docs - but I don't object to badly to off-site LDAP docs, mainly becouse with LDAP there is often a bit more to setup, and such doco can look into how it intergrates with other things. (A Samba LDAP installation is almost always tacked onto a much larger setup).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team [EMAIL PROTECTED]