At 21:22 08.11.2002 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
*** PGP Signature Status: good
*** Signer: Andrew Francis Bartlett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Invalid)
*** Signed: 08.11.2002 11:22:38
*** Verified: 08.11.2002 11:34:36
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

I wanted to get to the bottom of 'what does/should happen with
concurrent usrmgr sessions'.

Simple test - and it appears that on NT4, there is no locking, no
'conflicting changes' warning, and simply the last man stands!

The last user to click OK updates all the basic info, as per the SAMR
call.

At this point we need to decide how to handle this in Samba.  So far,
I've been trying to work on a model where we only record the differences
between the values sent to the client, and the values returned.  This
allows us to avoid macro expansion, and hopefully gives a more useful
set of behaviour.

So, what do people think?  Is this the right way forward?  Or should we
strictly emulate NT4 (not possible - as far as I can tell - given macro
issues).
I think we shouldn't emulate NT4 here!
it produces much useless write operations to the pdb and play very badly together with pdb_ldap.
but what is left to do is to delete empty attributes with pdb_ldap...

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team [EMAIL PROTECTED]

*** END PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

Date: 08 Nov 2002 21:22:38 +1100

<file://m:\eudora\attach\usrmgr races.ems <0880.0002>>ed0a37.jpg<file://m:\eudora\attach\usrmgr races.ems <0880.0002>> usrmgr races.ems

metze
Stefan "metze" Metzmacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<<inline: ed0a37.jpg>>