Richard Sharpe wrote:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Pierre Belanger wrote:

Can you get us a sniff?

I sent a captured file directly to Richard.

On this Friday, I wanted to share the following...

While doing the capture for Richard, I was "able" to try to open
different files a few times... here's what Windows 95 complained
about, enjoy!

  Word cannot open the document. Try one or more of the following:
  - On the file menu, click Open to open the document
  - Make sure the document has a .DOC extension.
    (\\ALKONOST\...\CONFIG-SAVE-PROCDURE.DOC)

While trying to open another file...

  - Word failed reading from this file (CV-belanger-EN).
    Please restore the network connection or replace the floppy
    disk and retry. (I clicked "OK" and then ...)
  - Word has lost data due to a bad network connection or missing
    floppy. Documents relying on this data are going to be saved
    and then closed. (I clicked "OK" and then ...)
  - Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error:
    C:\RESCUED DOCUMENT.TXT

Notes: 1) 4 out of 5 times Windows 95 just hanged when trying to open the 1st file... this time it did not hang?!?!?! 2) After doing the above tests, I mapped another drive from another Samba server not compiled with "sendfile" support. I was able to open the files properly...

Cheers,
Pierre B.