Rabbin, Robert (GE Energy, Non GE) wrote:
I have also installed the new 2.2.8 on an Alpha workstation to try to get it
to work... it does everything but show up on the PC.

Some more specifics may be needed:

Specific version of 2.2.8? there have been several posted. Of course in this case it may not make a difference.

What version of OpenVMS?

What TCPIP program?

Any ECOs that may be related to TCP/IP or the CRTL.

 It appears to be in an
infinite loop until the PC times out.  I have the older version running on
another node in the same cluster of Alphas running v7.3 and it works
instantly and reliably.  I cannot upgrade until this works.  Anything I
should check to get it to work right?

There was a discussion about this last month from someone else that was affected by this. It was started on September 11th.

You can look at in the archives of this list or on the GMANE newsgroup. The discussion is fragmented into several threads because one of the mailers involved is not following internet conventions with regard to the subject line.

The general thought was that it was taking too long for the TCPIP dispatcher to launch the new SMBD and for the SMBD process to complete the connection to the client.

I can not find that anyone reported a successful resolution to the original poster's problem. I also have not found that all the suggested solutions were tried.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only

PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT ETIQUETTE MESSAGE BEFORE POSTING: