Thanks!

Unfortunately, the differences between the 2.2.8 code of yours and the 2.2.12 code are large and daunting for a non-C individual, so I'll have to pass on the plan to try to merge the areas that might be responsible for reporting disk-space to the server.

Lets see what happen when I just compile it on v8.2/IA64. You never know, it might work :-)

-Ross-

On Sep 15, 2005, at 11:20 AM, COLLOT Jean-Yves wrote:

I did not incorporate the 2.2.12 changes into my 2.2.8 version, because when I tried, I encountered a lot of errors and problems, and I had no time to fix that. In addition, I have no IA64 box, so I could not check anything.

I am not 100% sure, but I think that the C file that I modified in order to
fix that ODS-5 problem was CVT_FILESPEC.C.

I fixed a couple of other problems since the 2.2.12 version, and you may consider incorporate those fixes too. Check STM_READ.C and VMS_TRICKS.C

JYC

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Ross Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : jeudi 15 septembre 2005 16:44
À : COLLOT Jean-Yves
Objet : Re: RE : RE : Samba 2.2.12 on 8.2/IA64

The reason I used 2.2.12 rather than the 2.2.8 was to incorporate the
IA64 changes that had been made in that version.

Is this still an issue?  Or have these changes been propagated into
2.2.8?  (Or are they irrelevant?)

What I could do is to grab your 2.2.8, then, if you would, you could
tell me which modules were changed to effect the ODS-5 disk fix and I
could take them over to 2.2.12...

Or is this too cumbersome (or stupid).

Thanks!

-Ross-