http://acl.bestbits.at/
-----Original Message-----
From: Vijendra Agarwal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 April 2002 05:43
To: Thomas Klettke
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Samba] problem with setfacl

i neither rebuild  the kernel nor did i apply the acl-kernel patch

I was wondering whether is it compulsory to recompile the kernel or is there any other way to do the same.

since i am doing this programmatically.

if any one has any idea about this pls mail me.

Thanks

  Thomas Klettke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 07:28, Vijendra Agarwal wrote:

> Hi
>
> I tried to run the command setfacl like this
>
> setfacl -m u:d:rw /root/test
>
> where 'd' is the user and this command is run by the owner of the test file.But it gives me error
>
> "setfacl:/root/test:function not implemented"
>
> When i try getfacl it works properly.
>
> I installed the following rpms
>
> acl-2.0.5c-0.i386.rpm
>
> acl-devel-2.0.5c-0.i386.rpm
>
> libacl-2.0.5c-0.i386.rpm
>
> acl-2.0.5c-0.src.rpm
>
> fileutils-4.1.8acl-65.5.i386.rpm
>
> attr-2.0.5-0.i386.rpm
>
> attr-devel-2.0.5-0.i386.rpm
>
> e2fsprogs-1.27ea-26.4.i386.rpm
>
> e2fsprogs-devel-1.27ea-26.4.i386.rpm
>
> libattr-2.0.5-0.i386.rpm
>
> If any one knows why this error is coming and what is to be done to overcome pls let me know
>
> Bye
You didn't state whether you applied the acl-kernel patch and rebuild
the kernel.

Thomas