I've set up Samba 2.2.5 on Linux 2.4.19-rc3 as a NT PDC. After a bit of banging I got my Win2K clients to connect to it, but my portable running Win95 just won't log on.
It keeps telling "The domain password you supplied is not correct, or access to your logon server has been denied".
But the bug part is that if I raise Samba's log level to 10 or 100 then it logs on immediately. That is, having 'log level = 1' up to 'log level = 9' prevents Win95 from logging on; but with 'log level = 10' or 'log level = 100' it works.
I've found this by doing :
1. vi smb.conf
2. change the log level (just that)
3. kill -1 <nmbd's pid> and kill -1 <smbd's pid>
4. rm * the log directory
5. Attempt to log on at the Win95 client.

This behaviour must be a bug, or isn't it ?
I've included Tarred+Gzip copies of the logs at level 9 and 10 and a Gzip of smb.conf.

Please CC any thoughs to [EMAIL PROTECTED] as I'm not subscribed to this list.

Thanks,

Carlos A. R. Azevedo