Jules Agee wrote:

> Do I need to patch ACL support into the Linux kernel just to allow users
> to change permissions on files hosted on the Samba 2.2.5 server? All I
> really need is to allow users to set read/write/execute on files. Right
> now, I don't have an ACL-patched kernel installed on the server.

This stuff should work.  We have to translate the permissions back into
posix rwx, but as long as the changes fit that, and the user can do it
at the console, then it *should* work...

You might want to try Samba 3.0, see if it's any better there.  This may
well be a bug.  (Not that I'm particularly in a position to chase it
down, unfortunetly)

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]