On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 20:53, Jennifer Crusade wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have downloaded the 2.2.6 tar file for Samba and followed all of the
> procedures and all works as far as the make and make install but it does not
> run off of the latested install.  I ran a script that is suppoesed to link
> it to the proper path but to no avail.  How can I make this work.  My
> original install is in the /etc/samba but the new one goes into
> /usr/local/bin/.  How can I either make it run from the new location or
> change the default install path?
I'd recommend using a binary package for your operating system...
If you want to compile and install from the sourceball you
need to learn how to use the ./configure --help
to understand what all the various options do...
For example you can tell samba where to keep various things
(logs, variable data, etc.)

brad